ISHA plays a unique role in fostering public interest in ski and snowboard history. We publish a magazine enthusiastically read six times a year by subscribers, researchers, Hall of Fame members and skiers around the world. We make snowsport history accessible to tens of thousands of enthusiasts on the Internet.
Thanks to the generosity of donors, ISHA has completed a variety of projects making the sports’ dynamic history more accessible. Gifts to ISHA have enabled many specific projects, including:
- Re-design of our website.
- Online access to all of the original pages of all the issues of the award-winning New York Times Snow Country Magazine, and to all issues of Skiing Heritage/Skiing History.
- Streamlined website tools to research ski history.
- Updated information about all of the world’s ski museums and historical societies.
- Publication of great historic photos by Ray Atkeson, Hubert Schriebl, Barry Stott, Fred Lindholm, Fletcher Manley, Peter Miller and more.
- The program of Annual Awards to people recording the sport’s history. We honor the creators of the year’s best works of skiing history, in print, web and video formats.
Donations are fully tax-deductible. The International Skiing History Association is qualified as a 501(c)(3) corporation.
HOW YOU CAN SUPPORT THE TREASURED WORK OF KEEPING THE SPORT’S HISTORY ALIVE
- Become a member. Join online, or phone 802.366.1158. Add a tax-deductible donation on top of your annual membership dues.
- Give a membership to a friend. You can purchase gift memberships online (Gift includes a subscription to Skiing History Magazine).
- Make an outright donation. You don’t have to join. Go to skiinghistory.org and make a donation by credit card.
- In memory of others. We loved them, and admired them. Now they're gone. Contribute to ISHA in the memory of a long-time loved one, acquaintance or skiing friend.
- Bequest. Name the International Skiing History Association as a beneficiary in your will or trust, the gift of a lifetime to the sport you love. . . a painless, tax-beneficial way to ensure the continuation of ISHA's mission.
- Make an Endowment. The late Rigo Thurmer’s love of ski history led to an ISHA endowment now valued at more then a hundred thousand dollars, yielding income to publish Skiing History. ISHA is presently seeking an endowment, with naming rights, to sustain its annual Awards Program.
- Give Stock. Gifts of securities to ISHA can be a smart financial move. By contributing securities instead of cash, you gain a tax advantage through claiming the full market value of the securities as a tax deduction, while you owe no tax on the capital gains in the stock you give.
- Encourage Your Employer to be a Sponsor. Nearly 60 organizations – ski resorts, equipment and clothing makers, importers, and suppliers to the industry – are ISHA corporate sponsors. It’s an ideal way for a company to associate its name with the rich history of the sport. Corporate sponsor names are published in each issue of Skiing History, and sponsors at the $1,000-level can advertise at the world’s most visited ski history website, www.skiinghistory.org. For information on becoming a corporate sponsor, call Andy Simonds at 978.973.1451 (firstname.lastname@example.org).
By supporting ISHA you become a steward of of the snowsport historical record.